Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Leveling my first healer

So the other day I decided it was high time to have a healer of my very own. I rolled a Resto Druid and began leveling him. Getting to level 15 was a pain because all I could think of was getting to heal my first instance, and being somewhat competitive in a battleground.
My first few battlegrounds were ok at best because I started them at like level 10 or 12, and was just getting my ass handed to me. But when I went into my first instance (RFC, of course), oh boy, the rush of being the single person responsible for keeping the dumbasses that the Random Dungeon Finder gave me alive. I had a completely successful run my first time through, until we finished Jergosh the Invoker. Then 2 of our DPS decided they didn't want to stick around at all and help the one member there (who happened to be the tank) that needed to kill Bazzlan as well. We got all the way to Bazzlan and had him almost downed (he had maybe 10% HP left) and then we super wiped. I blame myself for blowing a 30-minute CD earlier in the dungeon which restores mana, so I had no "oh shit button" to get some mana back to keep heals up. After a painfully long corpse run, (damn you blizz for making the lowest level dungeon have a long corpse run, lol) we went back in and proceded to kick his ass quite heartily :) We, in fact, did so well on that one, that I had all the heals up I needed and when he hit 10% this time, I was able to start DPS'ing as well,. I had about 50% mana and knew I could use up a little on things other than heals.
I'm now level 20 with my tree-in-training, and have loved every last second of it so far. I have full intentions of leveling almost entirely through instances and battlegrounds. I think I'm up to having done about 8 or 10 battlegrounds, and about 6 dungeon runs so far. I see no end to the fun in sight and am only now wondering why I waited so damned long to make myself a healer. Cheers to 60 more levels of dungeons to rock out and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment